Wednesday, January 13, 2021

3 : Twelve Days on a Snowmobile

I couldn’t sleep last night. An uncomfortable bed. Strange noises in a strange place. Too hot. Too cold. Too much on my mind. Little aches and pains from using muscles my normal workouts don’t get to. Then there was the bizarre dream I woke up from. 

In the dream I was in a limo with a friend who was also my new business partner on our way to a very important meeting some distance away, when I asked the driver to make a stop somewhere so I could use a restroom. He pulled up in front of a restaurant of a very swanky country club and as I stepped out of the limousine, I noticed how oddly he’d parked - not in a parking spot, but aimed at an angle to the front entrance more than 500 feet from the front walkway. As I turned to look at him to ask why he’d parked so peculiarly, I saw that the driver was in fact my boyfriend, Tommy, and thought to myself I should discuss his eyesight with him, but I had to get to the restroom — which is when I woke up and headed to the bathroom. 

Not being on my A-game, we just had bagels with our coffee this morning. We got ourselves put together and bundled up to get out on the sleds before the trails got busy. We did a few laps around the lake and decided neither of us were really feeling it and decided to get a change of scenery. 

Pizza seemed like a good lunch plan, and since I’d forgotten literally all the fresh fruit and veggies at home, we wanted to stop at a grocery store while we were out. The views are spectacular up here, especially with the snow clinging to the trees — just breathtaking! Unsurprisingly, the locals didn’t seem the least bit concerned about the pandemic as few wore their masks or kept their distance. I waited in the car while Tommy went in to get everything. We wasted no time getting back to the cabin to eat pizza and watch the historic second impeachment of the worst president ever. We even considered popping open the champagne we brought to celebrate Inauguration Day next week, but decided we could wait until he’s really gone for good.

Tommy took a second spin around the lake later this afternoon, so I went out on the deck and took a couple of videos of him showing off.

 

We watched several reruns of “The Big Bang Theory” before finally deciding to make it an early bedtime. Sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on this subject? Give me your feedback!